Looking for some easy-to-make cocktails to drink while you sit back and enjoy a lazy, sultry summer's evening? We've paired our delicious matcha with a few classic cocktails and the results are spectacular! Whatever your preference, these refreshingly, delectable cocktails will be perfect for you...
- Matcha Syrup:
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Matcha Superior
- Matcha mojito:
- 5-10 Mint leaves
- 60 ml White rum
- 30 ml Triple sec
- 25-30 ml Matcha syrup, depending on how strong a matcha flavour or sweetness you like
- Soda water
- Mint leaves
- Lemon/lime twirl
- Matcha Superior powder mixed with sugar
- To make the matcha green tea syrup:
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and whisk until totally dissolved. Remove from heat. Spoon matcha into a small bowl and pour a little syrup into the bowl to make a paste, whisking vigorously until totally smooth. Pour in remaining syrup and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until cool and ready to use.
2. To make the matcha mojito:
- Wet the brim of the glass with a slice of lemon and dip into the matcha sugar mixture so that the entire brim is coated with a sugar layer. Tear mint leaves and place in the bottom of a tall glass. Muddle mint leaves with a muddler or back of a spoon. Add rum, triple sec, and matcha syrup and stir to combine. Add a couple handfuls of ice, up to about ⅔ of the glass. Top with equal parts soda water and lemonade. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon/lime twist.
- White champagne
- Matcha syrup (as used in the mojito)
- Cherries or lime zest to garnish
- Pour 2-3 teaspoons of the matcha syrup into your champagne glass.
- Top up glass with champagne.
- Sit back, drink, and enjoy!
Matcha and Amarula
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Superior
- Crushed ice
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Mix the matcha with a little warm water to remove all the lumps.
- Pour into desired glass and fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Top with Amarula and garnish with mint leaves.
Of course we didn't give any of these to Scarlett to try to get her opinion, but she wouldn't stand for there being no 'Scarlett Says' for this week's #MatchaMonday. So, we made her a Mojito Mocktail (same recipe just without the booze).
These cocktails were really easy to make and absolutely delicious to drink - these will definitely become a regular part of our Friday afternoon chill time! Hope you enjoy making them.