We are so excited to announce that our Culinary Grade Matcha is now in stock! Yay, time for some baking! To celebrate it's arrival, we dove head-first into the wonders of cupcakes, and decided to take your simple buttercream frosting up a level. So for this week's #MatchaMonday we baked up a storm of chocolate cupcakes with a matcha Swiss meringue buttercream frosting.
Swiss Meringue Matcha Buttercream Frosting
- 150 g Butter
- 240 g Sugar
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 tbs Matcha, or more/less to your taste
- Cupcake recipe of your choice (We're chocolate lovers, so naturally that's what we chose)
- Place the egg whites and sugar into a double boiler over a pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly, cook until sugar has dissolved and mixture is warm.
- Pour heated egg whites into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat egg white mixture on high speed until it forms stiff (but not dry) peaks. Continue beating until fluffy and cooled, about 7 minutes.
- With mixer on medium-low, add butter two tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition. Increase speed to medium-high; continue beating until frosting appears thick, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low; add matcha powder and continue beating 2 minutes to eliminate air bubbles.
- Time to ice your cupcakes!
This frosting is so smooth and just melts in your mouth. At last, you can start baking all the delicious matcha green tea recipes you're finding on Pinterest with our Culinary Grade Matcha! Now you can drink your matcha, and eat it too!