We're back again this #MatchaMonday with yet another great recipe for you from Baking-Ginger - Matcha Gluten Free Waffles! Yum!
- 1 Eggs/Flax Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sugar/Sweetener
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1 Cup Flour/ Gluten-Free Flour
- Yoghurt & Berries for Topping
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Mix the egg and sugar together using the paddled attachment.
- Add in the coconut oil and milk and continue to mix.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and matcha powder and stir until just combined.
- Spray the waffle mould with non-stick spray.
- Spoon the mixture into the waffle mould and use a spatula to spread it out a little.
- Bake the waffles for 8min.
- Serve with yoghurt and fresh berries.
Jane says, "These Matcha Gluten Free Waffles are so good. I don’t have a waffle machine so I simply used my little silicone waffle mould that I then pop into the oven. They are super cheap and so easy to use. The Matcha Gluten Free Waffles can be made as the same suggests, gluten-free, or if you don’t have any brown rice flour or oat flour lying around you can simply make them with normal flour. Using gluten-free flour is always a little tricky, because things do tend to end up a little crumbly, but they are always still delicious and that yummy green tea flavor is so perfect for breakfast. I love topping the waffles with some greek yoghurt and some fresh berries. That is my ideal everyday breakfast."