What's not to like? Matcha? Good! Orange frosting? Good! Cupcakes? Goood! Put them all together and you get these amazing matcha cupcakes with orange frosting from LolaMillieEats
LolaMillieEats' Matcha Cupcakes with Orange Frosting
- 1 Cup caster sugar
- 1 Cup milk, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup melted butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ Cups flour
- 3 Tbsp Just Matcha powder
- 3 Tsp baking powder
- ¼ Tsp salt
- ¼ Cup butter, room temperature
- ⅓ Cup mascarpone, room temperature
- 2½ Cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tsp orange zest
- Dried edible flowers, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Sift in the flour, matcha, baking powder and salt. Fold in until just incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake cases halfway with the batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from the cupcake tin and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting add all ingredients to a large bowl and beat till smooth. If the frosting is too wet add a little bit more icing sugar.
- Pour the frosting into a piping bag and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes. Top with dried flowers and a sprinkling of matcha powder if desired.