Eaten as is, or as an accompaniment to a dessert, this matcha granita provides that cool refreshment needed on a hot Summer's day.
- ¼ Hot water (not boiling)
- ¼ Milk of your choice
- 1 to 1½ tsp Just Matcha green tea powder
- Honey (to your taste)
- Sift the matcha into a bowl or jug and add a small amount of hot water and mix to remove any lumps.
- Add in the rest of the hot water, milk and honey and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a large baking dish - as large as can fir in your freezer. more spread out the mixture is the better as the granita will freeze quicker and will be easier to scrape. Freeze for 4 hours or until frozen.
- Remove the granita from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape the mixture to get granular bits of ice.
- Serve immediately.