These dairy-free matcha popsicles from The Good Roots are the perfect healthy treat to stay cool and refreshed as the weather begins to get all the more warmer.
Be sure to read the full post here.
The Good Root's Dairy-free Matcha Popsicles with White Chocolate and Pistachio
- 2 400g Cans full cream coconut milk one can refrigerated overnight
- 1 cup Coconut yoghurt
- 1½ – 2 tsps Just Matcha green tea powder
- 4 Tbsps Raw honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsps Coconut butter
- White Chocolate Drizzle
- 4 Tbsps Coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp Cacoa butter
- 1 Tbsp Raw honey
- 80g Vegan white chocolate
- Optional Toppings
- Strawberries chopped
- ¼ cup Pistachios chopped
- Refrigerate the one coconut milk can overnight. Don’t shake the next day before opening. Only scoop out the top cream of the can into the blender and discard the water left at the bottom of the can or use it in a smoothie. Add the entirety of the other coconut milk can ( water + cream) into the blender.
- Add the rest of the popsicle ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a popsicle mould and insert wooden popsicles sticks.
- Freeze for 4+ hours or until set.
- Once the creamsicles are frozen solid take the mould out to thaw. While the popsicles thaw start making the white chocolate drizzle.
- White Chocolate Drizzle
- Make a water bath using a small pot filled1/3 with water and put a bowl that’s a little bigger than the opening of the pot on top of the pot. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Bring the water to boil and then turn the temperature down. You should be able to touch the bottom of the bowl without burning your fingers.
- Add all the white chocolate ingredients or the chopped vegan white chocolate to the bowl. Continuously stir the mixture or white chocolate using a spatula until melted. Frequently test if the bottom of the bowl isn’t getting too hot. If the steam gets too hot, take the pot off the stovetop and continue to stir until everything is smooth and melted. Take the bowl out of the pot and allow it to cool down a little before using it.
- Take the popsicles out of the mould and place it on a plate or on a cutting board with a piece of parchment paper on it. Drizzle with white chocolate and then immediately sprinkle the chopped pistachio and strawberries over.
- If the popsicles melted too much while decorating it with the toppings just put it back in the freezer for a few minutes before taking out and serving.
- You can mix all the topping ingredients and chopped white chocolate pieces into the matcha creamsicle mixture by hand just before pouring into the moulds.
- If you don’t have a popsicle mould you can also use an ice cube tray and toothpicks to make mini versions of these matcha creamsicles.