Chocolate bark seems to be one of the latest trends around lately, and it's extremely easy to make. So of course we'd give this one a try because - chocolate! Not only is it delicious, but you get all the health benefits from the matcha and from the (healthy) goodies sprinkled on top.
Matcha Chocolate Bark
- 2 Slabs of dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 Slabs of white chocolate
- 1/2 Tsp Culinary Matcha
- Toppings of your choice - we used cranberries, pecan nuts, coconut shards and salt flakes
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside. Break the chocolate into smaller pieces. Make sure to put the dark and white chocolate in separate bowls. Microwave the dark chocolate for one minute, and continue to microwave at 30-second intervals until about 60% of the chocolate has melted. You don't want to heat the chocolate for too long in the microwave, as it can seize up and harden again. Stir unmelted chocolate chunks into melted chocolate until smooth. Set aside.
- Repeat with the white chocolate. Once melted and smooth, mix in the matcha and stir until incorporated.
- Pour dark chocolate onto prepared baking sheet and spread to a thin layer. Dot matcha chocolate all over the dark chocolate layer. Using a toothpick, swirl chocolate layers together in a circular motion. Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt, and your other toppings on top of the bark. Freeze or leave at room temperature, until the chocolate sets. Chop bark into pieces and serve.
For those of you thinking why on earth we added a sprinkling of salt, you'll be amazed at how good it actually is. The flakes of salt add another level of taste sensation, which not only helps cut the sweetness a bit, but gives your taste buds little surprises of awesomeness.
This really is such a tasty treat, and aided by the fact that it's so quick and easy to make, we'll be making this a lot in the future.