See all the wonderful ways you can enjoy this Matcha here: Matcha Recipes
Now available in South Africa!
- Grown in the finest, fertile soil close to the river in Uji, Kyoto
- Ground by traditional Hikiusu (mortar and pestle)
- Ichibancha tea - Hand-picked during the first and best harvest of the season
- Matcha tea grown according to Tana method - Shaded for 20 to 30 days before harvest
- Slight bitter flavour with a more sharp finish
- Great for Smoothies, Icecream, Cakes, etc.
This grade of Matcha green tea is perfect for the beginner Matcha drinker who wants the health benefits. All of the Matcha Green Tea that we source is of the highest quality however in comparison to our other grades this grade of Matcha is also more suited for cooking and baking. It has all the same health benefits - but a slightly less refined taste.
It's super easy to order matcha tea from our online store. This is all you need to do:
• Find the product you want to order and click on it, such as our Matcha Superior.
• When you land on the product page, click the "Add to Cart" button
• The product will be added to your shopping cart and you will be directed to the cart page to review it's contents.
• You can navigate away and carry on shopping, or if you have all you need just click "Checkout"
• You will be taken through our secure checkout where you will be asked for your delivery & payment details so that we can get your matcha to your door!
• Your matcha will arrive within about 1 week from the time you place it.
• Whisk up your matcha and enjoy!
To make a cup of Matcha tea you will only need approximately 1 gram of powder, so a 40 g tin of our Matcha Superior will give you about 30 - 40 cups of tea. So, if you are drinking the recommended one cup a day, your tin will last you at least one month.
The 100g bag of Culinary Matcha will give you about 90 - 100 cups of tea. If you are using it for recipes, you will use a bit more, but this is adaptable to your own preference or taste. Click here to have a look at a few great recipes we have tried.
Our Matcha is sourced from Uji, Kyoto in Japan, which is well known as the source of the finest Matcha in the world. If you would like to know how to tell high quality Matcha from lesser quality Matcha, here is an explanation
The plantation from which we source our Matcha has a very stringent growing process and hand-picks every leaf. An infographic explaining the growing process which produces our perfect, bright green Matcha powder is found on our blog here
Also, when you make a cup of Matcha tea, you use only 1 gram of powder so our 40 gram tin of Matcha Superior makes approximately 30 - 40 cups.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Great product to use in food and drinks and I even use it in my skin creams. Lots of anti-oxidants. Would recommend to anyone.
This has to be the best quality culinary matcha better than most marketed ceremonial ones.
What's even better than the matcha is the exceptional service. I ordered and after 1 minute it was handed to the courier, I was shocked, I never received service like this! Will continue to purchase from justmatcha for as long as I can.
Great matcha grade for all recipes including cake and broth.
This has to be the best value for money, quality culinary grade matcha I’ve tried. A lot of the marketed ceremonial matcha on the market doesn’t compare to how good this is. The umami and richness make for both wonderful lattes and stunning baked goods. Highly recommend.
Always excellent service and a great product.