Hello Matcha Lovers! For today's #MatchaMonday recipe we've created a super simple but delicious white chocolate mousse with a twist - a matcha twist! If you're not a fan of white chocolate, this recipe also works well with dark chocolate, you just don't get that lovely pastel green colour you'd get if you were using white chocolate.
Easy Matcha White Chocolate Mousse
- 200g White chocolate
- 2 Cups of cream
- 1 Cup of marshmallows
- 1 1/2 tsp Culinary matcha - more or less depending on your taste
- A few drops of almond extract
- Heat the chocolate, marshmallows and 1 cup of cream either in the microwave or on the stove until melted and smooth. If using the microwave, stir in 30 second intervals.
- In a separate bowl, add your matcha with a few drops of warm water to make a paste. This makes it easier to incorporate it onto the chocolate mixture.
- Once the chocolate mixture is melted and smooth, stir in the matcha paste, and allow mixture to cool.
- Beat the remaining 1 cup of cream with the almond extract until soft peaks form and fold it through the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into glasses and allow it to chill in the fridge for 6 hours or until stiff.
For this recipe, we also made a dark chocolate mousse. Follow the same recipe, except replace the white chocolate with dark chocolate, and leave out the matcha and almond extract (unless you'd rather make dark chocolate mousse with matcha, which will still taste amazing).
This recipe is delicious in it's taste and it's simplicity. To add to it, the matcha helps to cut the sweetness of the white chocolate - this combination really is a matcha made in heaven!