Now available in South Africa!
- Refined full flavour with the smoothest finish
- Highest grade Matcha tea grown according to Tana method - Shaded for 20 to 30 days before harvest
- Grown in the finest, fertile soil close to the river in Uji, Kyoto
- Hand-picked during the optimal season producing the sweetest taste
- Ground by traditional Hikiusu (mortar and pestle)
- Sealed in a secure air-tight pull-top tin, straight from Japan for ultimate freshness
Thanks to these special conditions and growing techniques, Matcha Super Premium is wonderfully smooth and mellow, with a deep taste and excellent earthy aroma. It is perfect for Koicha (thick and strong matcha) and Usucha (thin and weak matcha).
Even in Japan, tea leaves of this quality are difficult to find, so we are very pleased to be able to offer you Matcha Super Premium.
This higher grade of Matcha green tea is very smooth and perfect for the more experienced Matcha drinker who wants a fuller flavour.
It's super easy to order matcha tea from our online store. This is all you need to do:
• Find the product you want to order and click on it, such as our Matcha Superior.
• When you land on the product page, click the "Add to Cart" button
• The product will be added to your shopping cart and you will be directed to the cart page to review it's contents.
• You can navigate away and carry on shopping, or if you have all you need just click "Checkout"
• You will be taken through our secure checkout where you will be asked for your delivery & payment details so that we can get your matcha to your door!
• Your matcha will arrive within about 1 week from the time you place it.
• Whisk up your matcha and enjoy!
To make a cup of Matcha tea you will only need approximately 1 gram of powder, so a 40 g tin of our Matcha Superior will give you about 30 - 40 cups of tea. So, if you are drinking the recommended one cup a day, your tin will last you at least one month.
The 100g bag of Culinary Matcha will give you about 90 - 100 cups of tea. If you are using it for recipes, you will use a bit more, but this is adaptable to your own preference or taste. Click here to have a look at a few great recipes we have tried.
Our Matcha is sourced from Uji, Kyoto in Japan, which is well known as the source of the finest Matcha in the world. If you would like to know how to tell high quality Matcha from lesser quality Matcha, here is an explanation
The plantation from which we source our Matcha has a very stringent growing process and hand-picks every leaf. An infographic explaining the growing process which produces our perfect, bright green Matcha powder is found on our blog here
Also, when you make a cup of Matcha tea, you use only 1 gram of powder so our 40 gram tin of Matcha Superior makes approximately 30 - 40 cups.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Matcha Super Premium Tea (40g)
EXCELLENT as usual
Thanks so matcha Tanya!
Beautiful, refined taste.
Thanks so matcha Fiona!
High quality matcha. A pleasure to drink!
Thanks Jo-Ann, we're so glad to hear it! :)
it has not yet arrrived
We see it has arrived! We would love to know what you think of it.